Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

July '12 - Theme Challenge

Hi Everyone

It's Ann from StarSongStudio and I'm delighted to be hosting the July Theme Challenge. I had so much fun doing the June Challenge and seeing all of the fantastic layouts created for it, that I asked to do it again. And I was thrilled that so many people participated.

Our theme this month is Parts and Pieces. I'm sure most of you have heard that saying that "the whole is more than the sum of its parts." Well, the reverse can be true as well. If we focus on one small part, it can help us see the whole in new ways. So this month, please create a layout in which you use just a part of your photo. For example, instead of that new baby, just his feet; or your grandmother's hands. It might be one leaf rather than a whole plant. You get the idea.

I've often found that whole worlds are contained within one small part if we really look at it.

And once you do that you'll need to:
    Save your image as a jpg file, at 600x600 pixels, no larger than 125 K.

Be sure to post your layout in this gallery with proper credits, and then come back here and post your layout to show us what you've done!

You must post your image in this thread and link it to the challenge gallery image (see tutorial link below).

List your credits in the gallery

Also be sure to post the link to your layout in the July Tracker Thread thread so you'll get credit.

In the monthly tracker thread, right next to your link, please type the name of the DDR designer whose kit you used (if you did). Remember, if you use Digidesign Resort products on each one of these 6 challenges, you can earn an extra 5%! (You earn the extra 5% only when you complete all 6 challenges using DDR products.)

In order to show your layout here you will find instructions HERE

And most importantly have fun scrapping!
    Ann
    StarSongStudio

Excellent challenge Ann! Love the idea!! Thank you for hosting.

Thanks Diane. I love hosting and am looking forward to seeing this month's layouts.

Oh, Ann... now I really have to look at my photos to find a truly inspiring ''part''.... Great challenge

Found the perfect photos....

Fantastic theme this month. Thanks for challenge, Ann.

thank you for this wonderful idea, Ann. I will try it
    Liebe Gruesse, Gina

Kay

What a glorious layout. Makes me happy just to look at those precious little clasped hands and I love the way you framed them in two different, but equally beautiful, ways

Gina

So glad you're planning to play. Can't wait to see what you create this month.

9. Very interesting challenge! I need to work out my ideas. I'll be back with my layout. Thanks for hosting Ann

Janelle

Looking forward to seeing what you do with this challenge. I always love your layouts.