Having those lovely images bedeck your scrapbook pages makes a huge difference in captivating your readers’ attention. Before you launch that Photo Editing Software to enhance images for your project, why not try using My Memories Suite’s built-in image editing tools? Sounds great right?
When you are trying to make minor adjustments to an image that you’d want to enhance, opening up a separate program or software can be such a hassle not to mention that it drags your computer’s performance. Well, been there, done that. Recently, I discovered that MMS’ image editing functions offer equally superb polishing capability. Now, I can touch up photos right there and then while I’m in the middle of making my scrapbook. And I’m delighted to share this wonderful discovery to all of you.
Whether you are following the proverbial “Rule of Thirds” in Photography or just wanted to trim out unwanted or distracting backgrounds from your photo, the Cropping tool is your best friend. Any decent image editor will have this function and in My Memories Suite, this is pretty easy to use.
1. Select the image to be edited.
2. Click “Crop” from the “Control Panel”
3. The image to be edited will appear in a pop-up window where you can manually adjust or drag the area to be retained or enter the corresponding value on the .
4. Hit “Ok” when you’re done.
Imperfections like Red Eye can be fixed almost instantly.
1. Click on the image that needs Red Eye correction.
2. On the Control Panel, click the “Red Eye” icon.
3. Follow instructions on the left side of the pop-up window. For this example, I sort of made a small box around the iris of the subject.
Then, adjusted the Red Sensitivity level to Maximum. You can check or uncheck the “Round Shape Filter” option according to your preference.
4. Works like magic! Don’t forget to click “Ok” to go back to the main page.
You might want add a “Mat” to an image to make make it stand out on the page.
1. After selecting the image, choose “Mat” from the Control Panel.
2. The Mat properties will be displayed where you can adjust the size, color and application of the parameters you have set.
3. Click “Ok” and you’ll see the results.
Using the same photo above, you can further enhance its appearance by adding shadow.
1. Again, from the Control Panel, click Shadow.
2. Adjust settings of the “Shadow Properties” such as opacity, blur, color and applicability.
When a photo you added appears upside-down or appears to be off its orientation, you need to Rotate it.
All you have to do is select the particular photo which you would like to Rotate and click on the icon 90°Left or 90° right as the situation requires.
To give your image a refreshing flavor, you can add any of the photo effect available.
1. Select the image to be edited and then click “Effects”.
2. Choose one from the following effects and then click “Ok”:
- Black & White
- Gamma Correction
- Impressionist Painting
- Fish Eye
3. If you want to use more than one effect, repeat the process and choose to apply one effect at a time.
My Memories Suite’s photo editor is very much versatile that you can actually change an image into your preferred shape.
1. Make sure that you have selected the image you intend to change and then click on the “Shape” icon on the Control Panel.
2. There’s a wide variety of shapes available from Square to Circle to Heart and a lot more. Just choose whatever you think would fit into your theme or design.
While nothing really beats a perfectly taken photo, a no-frills editing tool like that in My Memories Suite can do wonders to correct those simple imperfections. There you go and dash off to work on those projects and don’t be surprised if you hear your family and friends say that your scrapbooks are picture perfect!